10 Oct 2013

The First Cut in Southampton

Can you believe it, it's been almost a year since The First Cut opened in Manchester and now it's on the last leg of it's tour in Southampton.

I've been down a couple of times to install my work.  Luckily they have the space to have both of my installations, which is great as I got to install the butterflies again.

Here are a few pics of my installation of The Harbingers.  I'll post some photos of the completed exhibition once I have them.

A nice surprise before I arrived to see my work on their posters

Nicola Dale's Tree in it's shipping boxes, a work of art in itself 

Making a start - my first of many ladders

I got to use a tower for the first time, which was very exciting

The view from the top of my tower - all the works were gradually being unwrapped
Me up my third and final ladder of the day - it felt like a chariot

And here is the completed installation (with ladder!)

It was quite a hard install as the slanted wall was very hard and the pins kept bouncing out, which involved much swearing on my part.

The exhibition opens on Friday, and runs until 12 January 2014.  It's well worth a trip if you haven't caught the exhibition before.

You can find full details here.  I am also giving a talk on 19 October in the Museum further details are here.

Hope to see you there.

cx

No comments:

Post a Comment