17 Sept 2012

The First Cut

I am rather excited to be exhibiting some work in the 'First Cut' exhibition at Manchester Art Gallery.  The exhibition is the first major museum show of artists who work in paper.  The list of artists they have exhibiting is amazing, so it is truly an honour be included.

The curators first came to see me over a year and a half ago, so it has been a long time planning and now I can't quite believe the opening is 3 weeks tomorrow!  I am exhibiting 3 pieces in the exhibition.  2 installations and 1 framed piece.  One of the installations is in the one of the Pre-Raphaelites Galleries (no pressure there then!)  The other 2 pieces will be in the main exhibition room.

I will blog more about the other artists once the exhibition opens, in mean time you can find more information here  and here.

The works I will be exhibiting are

The Harbingers, that I first exhibited last year at the Art of Mapping exhibition.

The Harbingers © Claire Brewster 2011























The Harbingers  © Claire Brewster 2011

The Harbingers  © Claire Brewster 2011
The Harbingers  © Claire Brewster 2011


The second piece I will be showing is 'The Place In Between', a specially commissioned piece for the exhibition.  I will also be showing another installation, which I don't have photographed yet and will post later, the is called 'An apocalypse of Butterflies'.

The Place In Between  © Claire Brewster 2012

The Place In Between  © Claire Brewster 2012

The Place In Between  © Claire Brewster 2012


4 comments: